After months of use, the batteries of a remote control end up discharging causing operating bugs. Among the main symptoms, it may be that the remote control desynchronizes itself from the decoder, the signal range is weaker, you have to press several times before the information is transmitted or it no longer works at all.
Like all remote controls on the market, Orange remote controls are made so that you can open them to replace the batteries. So find out how to change the batteries of the Orange remote control below. Discover the procedure corresponding to the 3 Orange remote control models.
How to change the batteries of the Orange UHD TV remote control?
Whether you use the 4K UHD TV decoder or UHD TV decoder, the remote control supplied to you is the same. it's about the Orange TV UHD remote control. It is the only remote control that is now marketed by the operator Orange. Although very simple, changing the batteries of this Orange remote control can be laborious if you don't know the procedure. So without further ado, here it is:
- On the back of the remote, locate a small hole that is located just above the battery compartment door.
- Using a fine point such as a pen or a toothpick, press the small hole.
- At the same time, slide the hatch horizontally to remove it from the compartment.
- Remove the two button batteries and press any keys for 5 seconds to electrically dump the components.
- Replace the old batteries with similar new batteries and good type abilities CR2032.
- La Orange LED should then flash twice after a few seconds and after inserting the first battery. This lets you know that the remote control is operational again.
- Then close the flap by sliding it into its notch and until it is completely clipped.
If your remote control does not work even after changing the batteries, we invite you to read our article on this subject: My Orange TV remote control no longer works, what should I do?
Now that you know how to replace the batteries in the Orange TV UHD remote control, here are some tips that will allow you both to avoid bugs but also to extend the charging time and therefore the life of the batteries :
- Avoid rechargeable batteries. Unfortunately, the remote control has compatibility problems with this type of battery and this can cause malfunctions.
- changing the batteries of the Orange remote control must be done with 2 new batteries. Indeed, the replacement of one out of two batteries does not guarantee an optimal charge and can cause bugs to appear there too.
- for batteries that last over time, prefer quality batteries which have high power.
How to replace the batteries of the old Orange remote controls?
Even though Orange remote controls that we will see below are no longer marketed by the operator, you may still have them if you haven't replaced it yet. If you forgot the procedure or you never needed to do it, then discover the operation for change the batteries of the black Orange Play remote control provided for the Livebox Play decoder and white remote control for the white UHD 90 TV decoder.
How do I replace the batteries in the Play Black Orange Remote?
For replace the batteries in the black Orange Play remote control which has a keyboard on the back, and which works with the Livebox Play decoder, here is the procedure to follow:
- On the lower part of the remote control there is a screw.
- Using a screwdriver, unscrew the screw to open the battery compartment.
- Remove the compartment et replace all 4 batteries paying close attention to the direction of insertion (+ terminals and - terminals). Replace the batteries in the remote control with new type R03 or AAA batteries.
- Close the compartment using the screwdriver.
Attention, once again the new batteries of the Orange Play remote control must meet certain essential criteria:
- Do not put rechargeable batteries. Indeed, they are not supported by the black Play remote control. You would risk having many bugs and having a very low battery life.
- Changing the batteries of the Orange remote control should preferably be of the AAA alkaline type. The replacement of the 4 batteries must be done at the same time to guarantee you an optimal charge capacity.
Changing the batteries of the white remote control with colored buttons
Finally, the last Orange remote you may need to replace the batteries with is the white remote control with colored buttons associated with the white UHD 90 TV decoder. Here is the procedure to follow for the latter:
- On the back of the remote control you will find the battery behavior.
- Push the clip and lift the cover.
- Replace both batteries with new type R03 or AAA batteries. Pay attention to the direction indicated in the compartment.
- Close the compartment by putting it back in its notch and clipping it.