Each year, the American giant Apple unveils its long-awaited new smartphones. In 2019, it was the iPhone 11's turn to be in the spotlight. Less innovative than some of its predecessors, one point unites them all: they are meant to be upscale. This forces the American firm to offer reliable phones. Yet the iPhone is not infallible. So, when a malfunction appears, we can very quickly get annoyed. One of the most common problems encountered on the iPhone 11 is a phone that refuses to turn on. So today find out what to do when your iPhone 11 does not turn on?
To begin with, we will see the controls and manipulations that you can perform yourself to revive your smartphone. Then, learn the remedies if despite everything your iPhone 11 does not turn on.
What to do when your iPhone 11 no longer turns on?
Your iPhone 11 no longer charges or does not turn on? The problem can then come from a hardware or software failure. So, to help you revive it, try these few manipulations and checks which can sometimes save you time and money.
Force restart your iPhone 11
Your first instinct when your iPhone 11 no longer works must be to carry out a forced restart phone, even if it shows no sign of life. This manipulation allows you to remove any malfunctions and minor bugs that your device may encounter without erasing its data.
To force your iPhone 11 to restart :
- Short press the volume + button
- Successively, briefly press the volume button -
- Press and hold the On / Off button until the Apple logo appears and therefore your phone restarts.
Ideally, your phone should restart. If this is not the case, and your iPhone 11 still does not turn on, go to the following checks and operations.
Problem charging your smartphone
When your iPhone 11 no longer turns on, the second check to do concerns the loading problems.
First of all, let your device charge in long charge for about 1 hour. Indeed, if the concern comes from a battery problem, or a completely discharged battery, your iPhone 11 may take a long time to turn on.
- If the charging screen does not appear and that your iPhone 11 does not turn on, it is very likely that it encounters a major problem (defective component, battery out of order, etc.) that you will not be able to solve without calling for an expertise and therefore a repair service .
- If the screen prompts you to charge your phone while it is plugged in, your phone probably has a fault in the loading process. As a result, your iPhone 11 no longer charges and therefore no longer turns on.
In both cases, here are the checks to be carried out :
- Try to connect your iPhone with another cable and another power adapter to make sure these are not defective.
- Try plugging it into a different power source.
- If your iPhone 11 still won't turn on, gently clean it the Lightning port, then reconnect your phone. You can also use your iPhone cable on another compatible phone to make sure your Lightning port isn't damaged.
Restore your iPhone 11
When your iPhone 11 no longer turns on and the previous steps did not give any results, you can also perform a reset of the last. Resetting an iPhone removes larger malfunctions that may prevent it from working and / or starting normally.
However, be careful: when your iPhone 11 does not turn on at all, data recovery is only done by DFU mode. This mode allows you to restore your device as if it had just left the factory. In other words, it will erase all your data. If you have not made a backup of your device before its bug, we do not recommend that you do this.
To reset your iPhone 11 that no longer works, do the following:
- Connect your iPhone to a computer that has iTunes
- Open iTunes
- Short press the volume button +
- Then briefly press the volume button -
- Press and hold the On / Off (side) button until the recovery message appears on your computer
- Press "Ok". Be careful, by validating this operation, all your data will be deleted from your iPhone 11.
When your iPhone 11 still does not turn on, you will have to switch to help.
What to do if despite everything your iPhone 11 no longer works?
If none of the checks or manipulations seen above have worked, it is highly likely that your iPhone 11 no longer turns on due to a deeper malfunction that you won't be able to deal with without expertise. In this case, several solutions are available to you.
Check the warranty of your iPhone 11
First of all, check your purchase guarantee. If you bought your iPhone 11 recently or took a warranty extension, it is very likely that it is still under warranty. If you have taken out telephone insurance, check the terms of the contract and that it does not cover malfunctions.
Note: this option is only valid if your iPhone 11 no longer turns on due to a manufacturing defect. If the failure stems from a fault on your part (shocks, device fallen into the water, etc.), you will be charged for the support.
Call for repair service
If your device is no longer under warranty or is not insured, contact repair service. For this, you can consider several options:
- Call out Apple Support or go directly to a Apple Store to get a personalized solution to your problem. Subsequently, if the failure is proven, they can proceed with a repair.
- Contact a repair shop expert in electronic objects and iPhones. However, pay attention to the quality of the service and the components used.
- If you bought your iPhone 11 from a provider (large chain store, online store, or small business), you can also contact them and ask for the repair conditions of their After-Sales Service , often cheaper than Apple's services.